A recipe from cooking-ez.com
91K4.0 June 2nd 2015
For 150 g, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|22 min.||10 min.||45 min.||1 hour 17 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
Put 60 g egg white and 100 g icing sugar into a food-processor bowl.
- 2: Beat to mix thoroughly, then place the bowl over a pan of water kept at a bare simmer.
Beat the mixture until the temperature reaches 50°C (122°F), using a thermometer to check this.
- 3: Return the bowl to the food processor and beat on maximum speed for around 5 minutes.
- 4: You will notice that the mixture is not as light as for a classic meringue, but much creamier.
- 5: Pipe your meringues onto a sheet of cooking parchment using a forcing bag.
- 6: Dust with a little cocoa powder if you wish (purely decorative).
- 7: Bake for 45 minutes...
- 8: ...and prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon to allow the steam to escape.
- 9: Leave to cool on a wire rack.
September 18th 2021.