Apple Batter Puddings
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|16 min.||25 min.||41 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C)
Put 50 g whole almonds into a baking tin and toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 2: When cooled, chop the almonds roughly with a knife.
- 3: Put into a mixing bowl: 4 eggs, 80 g liquid cream, 40 g caster sugar, 10 g Vanilla sugar and 2 tablespoons Calvados (apple liqueur).
- 4: Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- 5: Butter individual oven-proof dishes.
- 6: Peel 4 apples and slice.
Arrange one sliced apple in each dish.
- 7: Pour the batter over the apples.
- 8: Scatter the chopped almonds over the top.
- 9: Bake for about 20 minutes.
To enjoy at its best, serve hot or warm.
For the apples, opt for a fairly tart eating variety, such as Cox's, Reinettes or Elstar (cooking apples like Bramley soften quickly and the slices will not hold their shape so well).
For a more caramelized finish, sprinkle a little icing sugar over the top of the puddings 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
February 29th 2020.