Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C)
Put 50 g whole almonds into a baking tin and toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 3 min.When cooled, chop the almonds roughly with a knife.
- 2 min.
- 1 min.Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- 2 min.Butter individual oven-proof dishes.
- 5 min.Peel 4 apples and slice.
Arrange one sliced apple in each dish.
- 2 min.Pour the batter over the apples.
- 1 min.Scatter the chopped almonds over the top.
- 20 min.Bake for about 20 minutes.
To enjoy at its best, serve hot or warm.
Remarks:For the apples, opt for a fairly tart eating variety, such as Cox's, Reinettes or Elstar (cooking apples like Bramley soften quickly and the slices will not hold their shape so well).
For a more caramelized finish, sprinkle a little icing sugar over the top of the puddings 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Broccoli savoury custard, Chocolate and vanilla crème brûlée, Fresh spinach with cream, Salmon with sorrel, Framboisier, ... [All]
- Whole almonds: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Grandma Solange's biscuits, Toasted almond cake, Chinese style chicken, Crusty pistachio, almond and apricot flan, Praline rochers, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Two-coloured chocolate-orange tart, Home-made terrine of foie gras, Apple charlotte with toasted brioche, Almond mug cake for Mary, Cookies, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, Mushrooms on toast, French style, Ramekins of duchess potatoes, French croissants, Gratin Dauphinois, ... [All]