Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C)
Put 50 g whole almonds into a baking tin and toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- 3 min.When cooled, chop the almonds roughly with a knife.
- 2 min.
- 1 min.Beat until thoroughly mixed.
- 2 min.Butter individual oven-proof dishes.
- 5 min.Peel 4 apples and slice.
Arrange one sliced apple in each dish.
- 2 min.Pour the batter over the apples.
- 1 min.Scatter the chopped almonds over the top.
- 20 min.Bake for about 20 minutes.
To enjoy at its best, serve hot or warm.
Remarks:For the apples, opt for a fairly tart eating variety, such as Cox's, Reinettes or Elstar (cooking apples like Bramley soften quickly and the slices will not hold their shape so well).
For a more caramelized finish, sprinkle a little icing sugar over the top of the puddings 5 minutes before the end of cooking.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: French toast "cordon bleu", Spinach and ricotta ravioli, Tagliatelle with cockles, Sausage with duchess potatoes and a Mont d'Or fondue , Vegetable rosette tart, ... [All]
- Whole almonds: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rice pudding with fruit and nuts, Praline, Grandma Solange's biscuits, Beetroot and fried chicken salad, Frozen Nougat, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chocolate cream, Strawberry, kiwi and mascarpone verrines, Crêpes Suzette, Little lemon biscuits, Apple charlotte with toasted brioche, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: New hamburger buns, Pretzels, Sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée), Rolls of fish in smoked ham, Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, ... [All]