Apple and Blackcurrant Brioche Pies
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
35K4 September 10th 2018
For 10 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|35 min.||1 hour 50 min.||30 min.||2 hours 55 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Weigh out the brioche dough into 2 oz (50 g) lumps.
- 2: Roll the dough into balls and arrange on a baking sheet. Cover with a plastic sheet and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- 3: Meanwhile, peel 3 apples, cut into quarters and remove the core.
- 4: Roll out a ball of dough into a circle. Place an apple quarter in the centre and top with a little blackcurrant jelly.
- 5: Fold up the pie around the filling, then reshape into a ball with the seam underneath.
- 6: Sit the pie in a mould or tin, still with the seam underneath.
Make all the pies like this.
- 7: Glaze the top of each pie.
- 8: Leave to rest in a warm place for 1 hour 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 9: Bake for about 30 minutes.
You can use other fruit instead of the apples, as long as they are not too juicy, but the combination of apple and blackcurrant works really well.
August 18th 2022.