Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Weigh out the brioche dough into 2 oz (50 g) lumps.
- 20 min.
- 5 min.Meanwhile, peel 3 apples, cut into quarters and remove the core.
- 2 min.Roll out a ball of dough into a circle. Place an apple quarter in the centre and top with a little blackcurrant jelly.
- 1 min.Fold up the pie around the filling, then reshape into a ball with the seam underneath.
- 20 min.Sit the pie in a mould or tin, still with the seam underneath.
Make all the pies like this.
- 2 min.Glaze the top of each pie with beaten egg yolk, using a brush.
- 1 hour 30 min.Leave to rest in a warm place for 1 hour 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 30 min.Bake for about 30 minutes.