Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Weigh out the brioche dough into 2 oz (50 g) lumps.
- 20 min.
- 5 min.Meanwhile, peel 3 apples, cut into quarters and remove the core.
- 2 min.Roll out a ball of dough into a circle. Place an apple quarter in the centre and top with a little blackcurrant jelly.
- 1 min.Fold up the pie around the filling, then reshape into a ball with the seam underneath.
- 20 min.Sit the pie in a mould or tin, still with the seam underneath.
Make all the pies like this.
- 2 min.Glaze the top of each pie.
- 1 hour 30 min.Leave to rest in a warm place for 1 hour 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 30 min.Bake for about 30 minutes.
Remarks:You can use other fruit instead of the apples, as long as they are not too juicy, but the combination of apple and blackcurrant works really well.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Brioche dough: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Chinois, Nanterre brioche, Agen prune cake, Eggs in brioche nests, Pains briochés aux raisins, ... [All]
- Beaten egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: St Tropez tart, Mini apricot and pistachio brioches, Gâteau Basque , Olive twists, Cochelin d'Evreux, ... [All]
- Apple: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Rice pudding with fruit and nuts, Apple and almond gratin, Quince and apple compote, Toffee apple upside-down cake, Apple Strudel, ... [All]