Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Weigh out the brioche dough into 2 oz (50 g) lumps.
- 20 min.
- 5 min.Meanwhile, peel 3 apples, cut into quarters and remove the core.
- 2 min.Roll out a ball of dough into a circle. Place an apple quarter in the centre and top with a little blackcurrant jelly.
- 1 min.Fold up the pie around the filling, then reshape into a ball with the seam underneath.
- 20 min.Sit the pie in a mould or tin, still with the seam underneath.
Make all the pies like this.
- 2 min.Glaze the top of each pie with beaten egg yolk, using a brush.
- 1 hour 30 min.Leave to rest in a warm place for 1 hour 30 minutes.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 30 min.Bake for about 30 minutes.
Remarks:You can use other fruit instead of the apples, as long as they are not too juicy, but the combination of apple and blackcurrant works really well.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Brioche dough: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pains briochés aux raisins, Mini apricot and pistachio brioches, Brioche galette, St Tropez tart, Chinois, ... [All]
- Apple: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Bonnevaux apple tart, Rolled chestnut and apple brioche, Alsatian apple tart, Brioche Tatin, Quince and apple compote, ... [All]
- Beaten egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Tomato feuilleté with pesto, Lumberjack turnovers, Brioche feuilletée (flaky brioche), Chicken and mushroom pie, Brioche Tatin, ... [All]