Chocolate thins with toasted nuts
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
245K4.1 February 21th 2011
For 20 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|1 hour 7 min.||1 hour||15 min.||2 hours 22 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: If your pistachios still have skins, put them in boiling water for 5 minutes.
- 2: Drain them, then remove skins while still wet and hot (it's easier).
- 3: On a baking sheet, put 50 g whole almonds, 50 g pistachios and 50 g walnut kernels, put in the oven at 150°C or 302°F for 5 minutes until lightly toasted.
- 4: Remove from the oven, allow to cool and chop roughly.
- 5: Cut 6 Candied grapefruit peel into very small dice and mix with nuts.
- 6: Melt 125 g dark chocolate in a bain-marie.
- 7: On a baking sheet, put a sheet of cooking parchment. Fix well to stop it from moving.
- 8: Start a chocolate disc: with a maryse spread out a 1 or 2 mm layer of chocolate.
- 9: Quickly put on it a layer of nuts. Press in with the back of a spoon or your fingers, to be sure that nuts are embedded in the chocolate.
- 10: Continue like this with all the chocolate. You can vary shapes and sizes.
Put in the fridge for at least one hour.
- 11: Afetr this time, unstick discs from paper.
- 12: Serve with ice-cream for example, or to finish a meal with coffee or tea.
You can alter this recipe by changing nuts or dried fruits and/or replacing dark chocolate with white.
December 8th 2023.