Elsa's Comtoise galette
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
71K4.0 January 20th 2013
For 1 galette, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|21 min.||25 min.||46 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C)
Put 250 ml whole milk, 100 g caster sugar and 75 g butter into a pan.
Bring to the boil over medium heat.
- 2: Turn the heat down and tip in 150 g flour all at once.
Beat vigorously with a wooden spoon until the dough collects into a ball.
Remove the pan from the heat and leave to cool for 5 minutes. You can transfer the dough to a bowl now if you prefer.
- 3: Add 3 eggs one at a time, mixing well as you add each one...
- 4: ...until evenly mixed.
- 5: Pour in 120 g cream and mix once more.
- 6: Finish by adding 1 tablespoon orange flower water (if you wish) and mix one last time.
- 7: Spread the dough out into a buttered tart mould or tin.
- 8: Glaze the top.
- 9: Draw lines with a fork to decorative the top.
- 10: Bake for about 20 minutes, watching for colouration.
September 20th 2021.