French custard tart
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
420K 234.0 July 13th 2022
For 1 French custard tart, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|20 min.||50 min.||1 hour 10 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Spread out 300 g Shortcrust pastry (pâte brisée) in a 8 inches (20 cm) mould, following these tips.
Put on standby in the fridge.
- 2: Prepare 800 g Paris flan filling.
Preheat your oven to 200°C (390°F).
- 3: Remove pastry case from fridge, trim and neaten edges with a knife and prick all over bottom with a fork or a pique-vite.
- 4: Pour mixture into the pastry case.
Note that we put hot cream on dough, a bit unusual but necessary to reduce cooking time.
- 5: And immediately put in the oven for about 50 minutes.
- 6: You can glaze (with apricot jelly) top for a shiny dessert.
- 7: Taste imperatively cold, your flan can also very well wait for a full night in the fridge.
You can use different kinds of dough: sweetcrust pastry (pâte sablée)
or puff or flaky pastry (pâte feuilletée)
June 9th 2023.