A recipe from cooking-ez.com
238K4 February 21th 2011
For 1 Gingerbread, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|19 min.||45 min.||1 hour 4 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat oven to 180°C or 356°F.
Melt 60 g butter in a small pan on low heat, then set aside.
- 2: In another pan, put 125 g honey.
- 3: Heat 100 ml water and pour into pan with honey. Add 60 g brown sugar, mix well to dissolve, and add 1 tablespoon rum and a pinch of salt.
- 4: Pour this mixture into a food processor bowl, then add 125 g flour, 125 g rye flour and 10 g baking powder.
- 5: Add 12 g gingerbread spice mix.
- 6: Then 1 egg and melted butter, not too hot.
- 7: Switch on food processor (if you have a Kenwood, use the "K" Beater) and knead at slow speed 2 or 3 minutes, until mix is homogeneous.
- 8: Pour mixture into a cake mould, non-stick if possible.
- 9: Cook for about 40 minutes.
Don't turn out immediately, but allow cool slightly first.
Afficionados of ginger bread (like Robert) say that it's better not too fresh (the next day maybe), sliced and buttered.
September 28th 2021.