A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 20 pieces, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|19 min.||20 min.||39 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat the oven to 430°F (220°C).
Unroll the circle of puff pastry and trim into a square or rectangle (or roll out, if it comes as a block).
- 2: Glaze the pastry all over.
- 3: Sprinkle generously with sugar.
- 4: Fold the sides of the pastry in to meet in the centre.
- 5: Glaze again and sprinkle with more sugar.
- 6: Fold the pastry in half along the join.
- 7: Brush with egg and coat with sugar on both sides.
- 8: Finish by cutting the pastry into slices about 1cm (1/2 inch) thick...
- 9: ...and arrange these on a baking sheet, not too close together as they will open out during cooking.
- 10: Bake for 20 minutes until golden brown.
Loosen from the baking sheet while hot and leave to cool on a wire rack.
If you make the puff pastry
yourself, you can make your palmiers larger as the pastry will be thicker.
January 26th 2021.