Moist cereal bars
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 20 pieces, you will need:
- 1 90 g dried apricots
- 2 90 g raisins
- 3 30 g walnut kernels
- 4 30 g pistachios
- 5 50 g ground almonds
- 6 20 g flaked almonds
- 7 70 g brown sugar
- 8 70 g maple syrup
- 9 100 g butter
- 10 150 g rolled oats
- 11 30 g whole almonds
- Total weight: 730 grams
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|30 min.||35 min.||1 hour 5 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat oven to 356°F (180°C).
Chop 90 g dried apricots into small pieces.
- 2: Soak 90 g raisins 5 minutes in boiling water to swell them, then drain and dry .
- 3: Roughly chop 30 g whole almonds, 30 g pistachios and 30 g walnut kernels.
- 4: In a bowl, put dried apricots, raisins, almonds, pistachios and walnuts, 50 g ground almonds, 70 g brown sugar, 150 g rolled oats and 20 g flaked almonds, mix well.
- 5: Melt 100 g butter, and add it with 70 g maple syrup to the mixture.
- 6: To make rounds use moulds, otherwise shape with your hands.
- 7: To make bars, use your hands to make them of about 5 cm or 2 inches long.
Bake for about 30 minutes, but watch colour towards the end.
- 8: Turn out while still warm. Store in an airtight box or jar, but not for too long.
It's a fairly vague recipe, you can change proportions or ingredients to your own taste.
December 12th 2019.