A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 15 Nonettes, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|23 min.||1 hour||27 min.||1 hour 50 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Put in a saucepan: 100 ml water, 100 g honey, 50 g caster sugar and 30 g butter with a little orange zest.
- 2: Sieve 140 g flour and 5 g baking powder.
- 3: Put the saucepan on medium heat and bring to a simmer.
- 4: Remove from the heat and tip in the flour and baking powder.
- 5: Mix well with a whisk to make a smooth batter.
- 6: Put a first layer of batter in the bottom of the moulds or tins, then place a small spoonful of marmalade on top.
- 7: Cover with more batter and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- 8: Preheat the oven to 210°C (410°F).
Bake for about 20 minutes.
- 9: Leave to cool completely before eating.
For a more traditional flavour, add a little mixed spice (or the special French "pain d'épices" blend if you can find it).
You can also vary the main flavour by using a different zest and marmalade (lime, for example), or simply use jam; blackcurrant is delicious.
December 14th 2019.