Pistachio shortbread biscuits
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
103K 43.4 April 19th 2012
For 30 biscuits, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|23 min.||2 hours||35 min.||2 hours 58 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat the oven to 150°C (300°F).
Spread 100 g pistachios out over a baking sheet (set aside about 30 for decoration) and put in the oven for 15 minutes to roast them.
Leave to cool then blend briefly to a coarse texture. You can also chop them quickly with a knife.
- 2: Put 250 g flour, 125 g butter, 125 g caster sugar and 1 egg into a food-mixer bowl.
Knead on slow speed until the dough is smooth and evenly mixed.
- 3: Add 50 g Pistachio powder or paste and the chopped pistachios. Knead for a further 1 or 2 minutes to mix well.
- 4: Gather the dough into a large flat cake, wrap in stretch plastic film and put in the fridge for at least 2 hours (the dough can be prepared the day before you want to use it and left overnight).
- 5: Preheat the oven to 180°C (360°F).
Roll out the dough using a rolling pin to about ½ cm ( ¼ inch)and cut out small circles of dough with a cutter (the easiest way).
- 6: You can use a different shape of cutter. The one I am using here is traditionally used for calissons.
Place a whole pistachio on the top and press in gently.
Bake for around 20 minutes.
To bring out the pistachio flavour even more, you can add a drop of pistachio essence to the dough, but this is not essential.
As usual with shortbread-style biscuits, do be careful not to overcook them.
September 20th 2021.