Rice pudding with fruit and nuts
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
31K4.2 June 18th 2017
For 8 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|23 min.||42 min.||1 hour 5 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Spread 50 g pistachios and 30 g whole almonds on a baking sheet and toast in the oven for 15 minutes.
- 2: Leave to cool, then chop coarsly. Set aside.
- 3: Cut 50 g dried apricots into thin strips.
- 4: Rinse 150 g rice in a sieve under running water. Use round "pudding" rice if possible, or risotto rice.
- 5: Pour 1 litre whole milk into a large saucepan, preferably non-stick, and add the rinsed rice, 60 g caster sugar and the insides of 1 vanilla pod.
Put on low leat and cook gently, stirring from time to time to make sure it does not catch on the bottom.
- 6: Meanwhile, peel 2 apples and cut into small dice.
- 7: Melt 30 g butter in a small frying pan, then add the diced apples and sprinkle with 20 g caster sugar.
- 8: Cook the apples for a few minutes without colouring.
- 9: When the liquid in your rice pudding has reduced by about half, add the fruit and nuts.
Mix well and leave on low heat to finish thickening up, stirring from time to time.
- 10: Take off the heat when the rice is fully cooked, but the pudding is still moist and creamy.
- 11: Divide out into ramekins and leave to cool.
If you wish to keep the pudding for later, cover with plastic film (when completely cooled) and refrigerate.
You can vary the added ingredients in this recipe to anything you fancy, for example using pine nuts and hazelnuts instead of almonds and pistachios.
December 8th 2023.