Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 2 min.Leave to cool, then chop coarsly. Set aside.
- 4 min.
- 2 min.Rinse 150 g rice in a sieve under running water. Use round "pudding" rice if possible, or risotto rice.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Meanwhile, peel 2 apples and cut into small dice.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Cook the apples for a few minutes without colouring.
- 20 min.When the liquid in your rice pudding has reduced by about half, add the fruit and nuts.
Mix well and leave on low heat to finish thickening up, stirring from time to time.
- Take off the heat when the rice is fully cooked, but the pudding is still moist and creamy.
- 5 min.Divide out into ramekins and leave to cool.
If you wish to keep the pudding for later, cover with plastic film (when completely cooled) and refrigerate.
Remarks:You can vary the added ingredients in this recipe to anything you fancy, for example using pine nuts and hazelnuts instead of almonds and pistachios.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Whole milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Elsa's Comtoise galette, Milk rolls, Rice pudding (riz au lait), Celeriac and mushroom gratin, Cheese Soufflé, ... [All]
- Rice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Chicken with rice and leeks, Sushi, Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, Rice pudding (riz au lait), How to cook rice in rice-cooker, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crème brulée, Kouign-amann, Blackcurrant liqueur, Panettone, Mini palmiers, ... [All]
- Dried apricots: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Crusty pistachio, almond and apricot flan, Pecan fruit rolls , Moist cereal bars, Frozen Nougat, Mini apricot and pistachio brioches, ... [All]