Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 2 min.Leave to cool, then chop coarsly. Set aside.
- 4 min.
- 2 min.Rinse 150 g rice in a sieve under running water. Use round "pudding" rice if possible, or risotto rice.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Meanwhile, peel 2 apples and cut into small dice.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Cook the apples for a few minutes without colouring.
- 20 min.When the liquid in your rice pudding has reduced by about half, add the fruit and nuts.
Mix well and leave on low heat to finish thickening up, stirring from time to time.
- Take off the heat when the rice is fully cooked, but the pudding is still moist and creamy.
- 5 min.Divide out into ramekins and leave to cool.
If you wish to keep the pudding for later, cover with plastic film (when completely cooled) and refrigerate.
Remarks:You can vary the added ingredients in this recipe to anything you fancy, for example using pine nuts and hazelnuts instead of almonds and pistachios.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cheese Soufflé, Gâteau Basque , Elsa's Comtoise galette, Pistachio ice cream, Panna cotta, ... [All]
- Rice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Koulibiak in pie dish, Crispy spinach rolls, Chicken with rice and leeks, Curried prawn risotto, Creamy risotto with vegetables , ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Ciabatta, Old style brioche, Meringues, Crêpes Suzette, Butter cream, ... [All]