Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 2 min.Leave to cool, then chop coarsly. Set aside.
- 4 min.
- 2 min.Rinse 150 g rice in a sieve under running water. Use round "pudding" rice if possible, or risotto rice.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Meanwhile, peel 2 apples and cut into small dice.
- 2 min.
- 5 min.Cook the apples for a few minutes without colouring.
- 20 min.When the liquid in your rice pudding has reduced by about half, add the fruit and nuts.
Mix well and leave on low heat to finish thickening up, stirring from time to time.
- Take off the heat when the rice is fully cooked, but the pudding is still moist and creamy.
- 5 min.Divide out into ramekins and leave to cool.
If you wish to keep the pudding for later, cover with plastic film (when completely cooled) and refrigerate.
Remarks:You can vary the added ingredients in this recipe to anything you fancy, for example using pine nuts and hazelnuts instead of almonds and pistachios.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Whole milk: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pain perdu, Naan, Gâteau Basque , Potimarron and leek soup, Pistachio ice cream, ... [All]
- Rice: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pilau rice, Curried prawn risotto, Morel risotto with Vin Jaune and Mont d'Or, Rice pudding (riz au lait), Koulibiak in pie dish, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Corsican tarts, Macarons (the original French macaroons) , Pear, grapefruit and pistachio tart, Toffee apple upside-down cake, Home-made terrine of foie gras, ... [All]
- Dried apricots: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Frozen Nougat, Crusty pistachio, almond and apricot flan, Moist cereal bars, Mini apricot and pistachio brioches, Pecan fruit rolls , ... [All]