Rice pudding with chestnuts and poached pears
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
5,9814.7 November 22th 2023
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|43 min.||45 min.||1 hour 28 min.|
Step by step recipe
Rice pudding with chestnutsBlanch 125 g rice in a pot of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- 2: Drain it.
- 3: Pour this rice into a non-stick pan with 1 litre whole milk and 200 g sweet chestnut purée (crème de marrons).
- 4: Place on low heat and cook gently, stirring occasionally...
- 5: ...until the rice has absorbed almost all the milk.
- 6: You should obtain a creamy rice pudding with a delicious chestnut taste.
Let cool, uncovered.
- 7: Prepare 200 g Chantilly cream...
- 8: ... and add it to the cooled rice pudding.
Proceed gently, to keep as much as possible the lightness of the Chantilly, and thus lighten the rice pudding.
Reserve in the refrigerator.
- 9: Cut 3 Poached pears into small pieces and drain.
MontageThis is not necessary, but you can decorate each glass with a trail of chestnut cream.
- 11: Fill with half of the rice pudding.
- 12: Then 1/4 of the poached pear pieces.
- 13: Serve, not too cold if possible, i.e. out of the fridge 30 minutes before tasting.
For a fancier version, add a sprinkling of marron glacé on top of the pears in the verrine.
As usual with the poaching syrup, you can salvage it for later use, even in another recipe.
December 8th 2023.