A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 25 biscuits, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|2 hours 18 min.||25 min.||2 hours 43 min.|
Step by step recipe
Toasting the flourPreheat the oven to 360°F (180°C), if possible, without the fan.
Spread 250 g flour out on a baking sheet in a thin and even layer.
- 2: Put in the oven for 10 minutes. Watch carefully - the flour should stay white, not take on any colour.
Take out of the oven and leave to cool.
Make the biscuit doughPut into a food-mixer bowl: 100 g butter (cut into small pieces), 125 g caster sugar, 2 eggs, 2 pinches salt and the toasted flour when cooled (tip this straight into the bowl).
- 4: Mix until the dough is evenly mixed.
- 5: Tip the dough out onto a large sheet of plastic film, roll it into a large "sausage" and wrap in the film.
Refrigerate the dough for 2 hours or overnight.
CookingPreheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Unwrap the roll of dough and slice into rounds about 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick.
- 7: Lay the slices on a baking sheet and glaze them.
- 8: Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, watching the colour carefully.
- 9: Leave to cool on a wire rack.
As always with this type of biscuit, do take care not to overcook them - they should still be slightly soft.
April 5th 2020.