Step by step recipe:
- 2 min.
- 10 min.Put in the oven for 10 minutes. Watch carefully - the flour should stay white, not take on any colour.
Take out of the oven and leave to cool.
- 5 min.
- 3 min.Mix until the dough is evenly mixed.
- 2 hoursTip the dough out onto a large sheet of plastic film, roll it into a large "sausage" and wrap in the film.
Refrigerate the dough for 2 hours or overnight.
- 5 min.
CookingPreheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Unwrap the roll of dough and slice into rounds about 1/4 inch (5 mm) thick.
- 3 min.
- 15 min.Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, watching the colour carefully.
- Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Remarks:As always with this type of biscuit, do take care not to overcook them - they should still be slightly soft.
Source:Home made, based on a suggestion from Hervé This.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Flour: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Provençal colombier for Pentecost, Crunchy little pieces of fish, Lumberjack turnovers, Little lemon biscuits, Leek and tuna loaf, ... [All]
- Caster sugar: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Two-coloured chocolate-orange tart, Oaty walnut cake , Vanilla ice cream, Mini palmiers, Cranachan, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Mushroom velouté, Grilled fillet of salmon with corn salad cream, Apple Tatin Terrine, Two-stage beef chuck , Linzer torte, ... [All]