A recipe from cooking-ez.com
3,653 September 17th 2023
For 1 flan, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|49 min.||2 hours||35 min.||3 hours 24 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Rinse verbena quickly under cold running water, then dry in a tea towel.
- 2: Separate the leaves from the stems (which you can compost or throw away).
- 3: Prepare 900 g Paris flan filling, and just as the cream + milk mixture is about to come to the boil, add the verbena leaves, roughly cut with scissors, and leave to infuse for 15 minutes, covered, after boiling.
- 4: When preparing the flan mixture, pour the cream + milk + verbena mixture over the eggs + sugar, and strain through a sieve to remove the verbena leaves.
- 5: Press down with a spoon or maryse to release the flavour.
- 6: Finish the preparation as usual.
At the end of the cooking time, you can add 2 tablespoons verveine liqueur to reinforce the taste, and lightly color the flan.
- 7: Preheat your oven to 200°C (390°F).
Place a 20 cm (8-inch) diameter flan ring on a sheet of baking paper on a baking sheet.
Line the ring with the puff pastry.
- 8: Fill with ceramic beads (or other cooking medium), and bake for 15 minutes.
- 9: Remove beads and paper.
- 10: Pour in the verbena flan mixture.
- 11: Place low in the oven and bake for 20-30 minutes.
- 12: Leave to cool before placing on a plate, then chill in the fridge for at least 2 hours before serving.
If you don't use verbena liqueur in step 6
, you can add 1 or 2 drops of green food coloring.
You can consult the 3 secrets of Parisian flan
page for all the tips you need to know about flans.
December 8th 2023.