Walnut short bread
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
121K4.1 October 2nd 2011
For 40 biscuits, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|26 min.||2 hours||35 min.||3 hours 1 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Start by roast 125 g walnut kernels: put on a baking sheet and put in the oven at 300°F (150°C) for 10 minutes.
Walnut should dry without coloring.
- 2: Let cool, then mix to get a powder.
- 3: In a food processor bowl, pour 125 g butter and 125 g icing sugar, start at low speed and kneed until homogeneous mixture.
- 4: Add 250 g flour and 1 egg, and continue to kneed until homogeneous mixture.
- 5: Make a kind of ball with the dough.
- 6: And put it between 2 plastic film sheets to make a kind of thick circle.
Put in the fridge for at least 2 hours or a night, otherwise 30 minutes in the freezer.
We do that because dough is very very soft at ambient temperature.
- 7: Preheat your oven at 360°F (180°C).
Spread the dough, not too thin, on the working surface, and cut in circles...
- 8: ...that you lay on a baking sheet.
- 9: You can also make square shapes using a roll.
- 10: Put in the oven and make cook for about 25 minutes, watch for color because short bread should not be too cooked otherwise they are dry.
Let cool on a wire rack.
You can make this recipe with almonds, hazelnut or other dry fruits of your choice
August 6th 2021.