Cauliflower "moelleux" in ramekins
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 kg, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|33 min.||25 min.||58 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 750 g cauliflower.
- 2: Peel 250 g potatoes and slice, then rinse.
- 3: Put the cauliflower and potatoes in a large saucpan. Pour in 1 litre whole milk, then add salt, pepper and grated nutmeg.
- 4: Put on mdeium heat and bring to the boil.
Cook until the potatoes and cauliflower are just tender.
- 5: Drain the vegetables (the milk can be saved for another use) and blend.
For a richer version, you can add add 50 g butter, but this is not essential.
- 6: This should give you a smooth purée.
Taste to check the seasoning.
- 7: Pour 1 tablespoon olive oil into a small frying pan on high heat.
When good and hot, add 2 slices smoked ham and fry until crisp.
- 8: Break up the ham slices into small slivers.
- 9: Mix the ham bits into the cauliflower purée.
- 10: Serve hot, preferably in small individual dishes.
It is not essential to cook the vegetables in milk, but it does give a better creamy texture.
February 28th 2020.