Comtoise tart for Seàn
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 1 , you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|1 hour 16 min.||33 min.||1 hour 49 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Roll out the puff pastry and line the tart tin or mould. Prick all over the base with a pique-vite (pastry pricker) or fork and leave to wait in the fridge.
- 2: Cook the Morteau sausage, then peel off the skin and dice (slice first, cut the slices into sticks, then cut the sticks into dice).
- 3: Peel and rinse 300 g potatoes, then dice fairly small (like for the Morteau sausage). Rinse again and dry in a tea towel.
- 4: Pour 3 tablespoons oil into a frying pan on high heat. When hot, add the diced potatoes.
Fry, stirring occasionally. Salt and pepper when cooked.
- 5: Preheat the oven to 410°F (210°C).
Spread the diced sausage in the bottom of the tart.
- 6: Add the diced potatoes on top.
- 7: Finish by pouring the cancoillotte over.
If the tub of cancoillotte has come straight from the fridge, heat in the microwave for 1 minute to liquefy it.
- 8: Bake for about 25 minutes until the top is nicely browned.
- 9: Best eaten hot or warm. Serve with a green salad and a good french dressing (vinaigrette).
If you can't find Morteau sausage, you can use another kind, but preferably smoked.
May 27th 2020.