Crab and smoked salmon club sandwiches
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
192K 14.5 October 13th 2010
For 4 sandwiches, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|57 min.||5 min.||1 hour 2 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare cocktail sauce.
Put 100 g crab meat in a bowl with 1 tbs cocktail sauce and mix well.
- 2: Cut 2 slices smoked salmon into small pieces, put in a bowl with 1 tbs cocktail sauce and mix well.
- 3: Peel 2 tomatoes, cut into quarters and discard the insides to get tomato "petals".
- 4: Cut ½ lettuce into fine shreds (chiffonade), put in a bowl with 1 tbs cocktail sauce and mix well.
- 5: Cut 2 slices smoked ham in two and put each half in a hot frying pan for 20 seconds on each side.
- 6: Toast 12 slices Sandwich bread.
- 7: Start assembling sandwiches:
Put 1 slice of toast in front of you, add a half slice of fried ham.
- 8: Put on some shredded lettuce.
- 9: Then crab or salmon depending which sandwich you are making.
- 10: Put another slice of toast on top.
- 11: Another layer of salad, 2 tomato quarters and more crab (or salmon).
- 12: Finish with a final slice of toast.
- 13: Fix with 2 tooth-picks to keep it all together.
- 14: Trim sandwich edges with a bread (or other serrated) knife, then cut diagonally into two triangles.
Traditionally, club sandwiches are served in triangle shapes.
- 15: Serve 1 crab triangle and 1 salmon triangle per guest.
Club sandwiches are very filling, it's a main course rather than a starter.
If you don't like cocktail sauce, don't hesitate to make them with mayonnaise
or sauce rémoulade
September 18th 2021.