Gratin du Nord
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 6 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|37 min.||56 min.||1 hour 33 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 2 leeks, then set aside.
- 2: Prepare 1 onion.
- 3: Prepare and chop 700 g endives (head of chicory).
- 4: Pour 2 tablespoons oil into a large non-stick frying pan on high heat. When really hot, add 200 g small pieces of bacon.
Fry for 3 or 4 minutes, then set aside, leaving the bacon fat in the pan.
- 5: Cook the chopped onion in the bacon fat for 1 or 2 minutes without colouring.
- 6: Add the leeks and endives and mix well.
- 7: Add the bacon and 150 ml beer, then leave to reduce gently on low heat.
- 8: Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Butter a gratin dish and arrange a first layer of potato slices in the bottom (half the 800 g cooked potato).
- 9: Spread the leek and endive mixture over the top.
- 10: Add the remaining potato slices in a second layer.
- 11: Top with the sliced 400 g Maroilles cheese.
- 12: Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the Maroilles is melted and beginning to brown.
This recipe has only vague proportions, so do feel free to adapt it to your own taste, with a little more or a little less of the various ingredients.
October 27th 2020.