Step by step recipe:
- 10 min.
- 5 min.
- 10 min.Prepare and chop 700 g endives (head of chicory).
- 4 min.
- 2 min.Cook the chopped onion in the bacon fat for 1 or 2 minutes without colouring.
- 1 min.Add the leeks and endives and mix well.
- 10 min.Add the bacon and 150 ml beer, then leave to reduce gently on low heat.
- 3 min.Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Butter a gratin dish and arrange a first layer of potato slices in the bottom (half the 800 g cooked potato).
- 2 min.Spread the leek and endive mixture over the top.
- 3 min.Add the remaining potato slices in a second layer.
- 3 min.Top with the sliced 400 g Maroilles cheese.
- 40 min.Bake for 30 to 40 minutes until the Maroilles is melted and beginning to brown.
Remarks:This recipe has only vague proportions, so do feel free to adapt it to your own taste, with a little more or a little less of the various ingredients.
And to drink?The perfect match: beer, of course, from northern France if possible. Why not the same beer as you have used in the recipe?
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked potato: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Baked salmon fillet, Green Piedmont Salad, Pollack Parmentier, Winemaker's toast, Croque-monsieur gourmand, ... [All]
- Endives (head of chicory): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Endive and walnut salad, Endive and beer soup, How to prepare endives , Endives , Individual creamy endive gratins, ... [All]
- Maroilles cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Maroilles cheese quiche, ... [All]
- Small pieces of bacon: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Artichoke hearts forestier , Vol-au-vent, Small cheese and bacon rolls , French-style peas, Röstis, ... [All]