Gratin of Endives with Mont d'Or
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|18 min.||40 min.||58 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Trim any damaged outer leaves off the endives, then cut in half lengthways.
- 2: Pour 4 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan on high heat. When really hot, add the endives.
Brown the endives all over.
- 3: Peel 500 g cooked potato and slice into rounds.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 4: Butter a gratin dish.
Spread the potato slices in an even layer in the bottom.
- 5: Pour 100 ml liquid cream over the potatoes, then salt and pepper.
- 6: Spread the endives in a layer on top. Salt and pepper lightly.
- 7: Top with 200 g Mont d'Or cheese cut into slices.
- 8: Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
If you do not have Mont d'Or, use another similar cheese with a soft paste, such as a good Camembert.
May 30th 2020.