Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Trim any damaged outer leaves off the endives, then cut in half lengthways.
- 10 min.
- 3 min.Peel 500 g cooked potato and slice into rounds.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 2 min.Butter a gratin dish.
Spread the potato slices in an even layer in the bottom.
- 2 min.Pour 100 ml liquid cream over the potatoes, then salt and pepper.
- 3 min.Spread the endives in a layer on top. Salt and pepper lightly.
- 3 min.Top with 200 g Mont d'Or cheese cut into slices.
- 30 min.Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
Remarks:If you do not have Mont d'Or, use another similar cheese with a soft paste, such as a good Camembert.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked potato: You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Crispy potato and mushroom brik rolls, Gratin of purple artichokes, Baked salmon fillet, Salmon marinated like herring, Croque-monsieur gourmand, ... [All]
- Endives (head of chicory): You can check-out other recipes which use it, like for example: Endive and walnut salad, How to prepare endives , Endives , Individual creamy endive gratins, Gratin du Nord, ... [All]
- Mont d'Or cheese: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Dipping bread with cheese, Sausage with duchess potatoes and a Mont d'Or fondue , Triple-Cheese Pumpkin Gratin, Creamy spinach and potato gratin, Hot box cheese , ... [All]
- Liquid cream: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Creamy risotto with diced vegetables and flax seeds, Breton leek and mushroom tart, Croque-monsieur complet, Broccoli savoury custard, Pan-fried scallops and chanterelles with Noilly Prat sauce, ... [All]