Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Trim any damaged outer leaves off the endives, then cut in half lengthways.
- 10 min.
- 3 min.Peel 500 g cooked potato and slice into rounds.
Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
- 2 min.Butter a gratin dish.
Spread the potato slices in an even layer in the bottom.
- 2 min.Pour 100 ml liquid cream over the potatoes, then salt and pepper.
- 3 min.Spread the endives in a layer on top. Salt and pepper lightly.
- 3 min.Top with 200 g Mont d'Or cheese cut into slices.
- 30 min.Bake in the oven for about 30 minutes.
Remarks:If you do not have Mont d'Or, use another similar cheese with a soft paste, such as a good Camembert.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cooked potato: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Warm scallop and cabbage salad, Eggs Comtoise, Artichokes with beef, Creamy spinach and potato gratin, Croque-monsieur gourmand, ... [All]
- Endives (head of chicory): You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Endive and walnut salad, Endives "bonne femme", Endives , Individual creamy endive gratins, How to prepare endives , ... [All]
- Mont-d'Or cheese: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Morel risotto with Vin Jaune and Mont d'Or, Dipping bread with cheese, Creamy spinach and potato gratin, Baked Mont d'Or with diced mixed vegetables, Quick courgette soup with cheese, ... [All]