Green beans with tomatoes
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
100K 14.4 July 6th 2011
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|1 hour 11 min.||27 min.||1 hour 38 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare and wash 500 g green beans, then cut into short lengths.
- 2: Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil and cook the beans quickly, just 5 minutes from the time the water comes back to the boil.
Cool under cold water, then drain.
- 3: Prepare 2 spring onions (scallions) and chop.
- 4: Prepare 3 tomatoes.
- 5: Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large pan, then add the chopped onions, salt and pepper. Cook while stirring for 2 minutes.
- 6: Add 150 g small pieces of bacon, mix well and cook for a further 5 minutes.
- 7: Add the drained beans and mix well. You will see that this soaks up all the fat in the bottom of the pan.
- 8: Add the tomatoes, salt lightly and cover.
- 9: Leave to cook for fifteen minutes on low heat until the tomatoes have broken down into a sauce.
All the proportions are simply for guidance, so you van vary them according to what you have to hand.
September 21th 2021.