A recipe from cooking-ez.com
39K4.9 June 8th 2016
For 4 Grilleds cheese, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|13 min.||8 min.||21 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Grate 150 g cheese (Cheddar here) and 150 g mozzarella.
- 2: Lay 8 slices Sandwich bread out on the worktop and use a brush to coat one side of each slice with the melted 60 g butter.
- 3: Turn one slice of bread buttered side downwards and cover with grated cheese...
- 4: ... then sit the other slice of bread on top, buttered side outwards.
- 5: Put the sandwiches into a hot frying pan...
- 6: ...and brown on both sides.
- 7: Turn down the heat, cover the frying pan and leave for 2 or 3 minutes to melt the cheese in the middle.
- 8: These fried sandwiches are tradionally served cut into triangles and fried to brown the edges as well (but this is not essential.
- 9: Serve piping hot, crusty on the outside and melting in the middle.
For the cheeses, the ideal combination is Cheddar with mozzarella, but you can try any other combination - be adventurous!
June 9th 2023.