Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Grate 150 g cheese (Cheddar here) and 150 g mozzarella.
- 3 min.
- 4 min.Turn one slice of bread buttered side downwards and cover with grated cheese...
- 1 min.... then sit the other slice of bread on top, buttered side outwards.
- 3 min.Put the sandwiches into a hot frying pan...
- 3 min....and brown on both sides.
- 2 min.Turn down the heat, cover the frying pan and leave for 2 or 3 minutes to melt the cheese in the middle.
- These fried sandwiches are tradionally served cut into triangles and fried to brown the edges as well (but this is not essential.
- Serve piping hot, crusty on the outside and melting in the middle.
Remarks:For the cheeses, the ideal combination is Cheddar with mozzarella, but you can try any other combination - be adventurous!
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Cheese: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Sliced cauliflower with 3 cheeses, Welsh (French Welsh Rarebit), Truffade, Pan-baked hash brown (Hash-brown casserole), Eggs in brioche nests, ... [All]
- Mozzarella: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Pan-fried chicken breast on mozzarella, Harvest Gratin, ... [All]
- Butter: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Cheese Soufflé, Brownie, Toasted-flour biscuits, Winemaker's toast, Caribbean upside-down cake, ... [All]