Step by step recipe:
- 5 min.Grate 150 g cheese (Cheddar here) and 150 g mozzarella.
- 3 min.
- 4 min.Turn one slice of bread buttered side downwards and cover with grated cheese...
- 1 min.... then sit the other slice of bread on top, buttered side outwards.
- 3 min.Put the sandwiches into a hot frying pan...
- 3 min....and brown on both sides.
- 2 min.Turn down the heat, cover the frying pan and leave for 2 or 3 minutes to melt the cheese in the middle.
- These fried sandwiches are tradionally served cut into triangles and fried to brown the edges as well (but this is not essential.
- Serve piping hot, crusty on the outside and melting in the middle.