Ham and cheese slices with spring onions
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 slices, you will need:
- 0 2 spring onions (scallions)
- 1 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 4 slices smoked ham
- 3 4 slices bread
- 4 100 g Morbier cheese
- 5 salt
- 6 pepper
- Total weight: 700 grams
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|17 min.||21 min.||38 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel and rinse 2 spring onions (scallions), keeping only the tender tops (use any swollen bulbs in another recipe).
- 2: Slice the spring onions.
- 3: Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a small frying pan on medium heat.
When really hot, add the onions, salt and pepper, and cook for 1 or 2 minutes without colouring.
- 4: Use the same pan to lightly brown 4 slices smoked ham on both sides.
Do this in batches if necessary.
- 5: Preheat the oven to 390°F (200°C).
Arrange 4 slices bread on a baking sheet.
- 6: Lay a slice of fried ham on each slice.
- 7: Spread the onions over the slices.
- 8: Slice 100 g Morbier cheese thinly and divide between the slcies.
- 9: Bake for about 15 minutes and serve piping hot.
If you don't have Morbier, use any other cheese you like, though preferably a soft type. However, this is not essential.
The same goes for the ham: use whatever you prefer.
October 25th 2020.