A recipe from cooking-ez.com
60K4.5 December 16th 2018
For 4 people, you will need:
- 1 300 g egg-plant or aubergine
- 2 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 4 slices smoked ham
- 4 250 g liquid cream
- 5 1 tablespoon curry powder
- 6 400 g cooked rice
- Total weight: 1,130 grams
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|8 min.||20 min.||28 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Rinse 300 g egg-plant or aubergine and cut into fairly thick slices.
As you can see in the photo, I am using the delicious, long, purple aubergines that are sometimes available. I find them more interesting than the usual dark variety.
- 2: Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a large frying pan on high heat. When really hot, add the sliced aubergines.
Brown on both sides, then salt and pepper at the end of cooking.
- 3: Use the same pan to fry the ham on both sides.
- 4: Still using the same pan, without washing it (to make the most of the cooking juices left), pour in 250 g liquid cream.
Bring to the boil while deglazing the bottom of the pan thoroughly, then add 1 tablespoon curry powder and mix well.
- 5: Add 400 g cooked rice and mix well...
- 6: ...then leave to reduce a little until the rice has absorbed most of the cream.
- 7: Finish by adding the ham and aubergines.
- 8: Serve without delay.
If you find the curry flavour a bit too strong for your liking, you can use turmeric on its own instead.
September 27th 2023.