"Oeufs rabattus" with leeks
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|30 min.||14 min.||44 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 500 g leek and slice into rounds but not too thinly.
- 2: Prepare 1 shallot and chop finely.
- 3: Beat 6 eggs, salt and pepper.
- 4: Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a frying pan on high heat. When hot, add the chopped shallot.
Salt and pepper, then cook for 1 minute without colouring.
- 5: Add the leeks.
- 6: Cook uncovered until the leeks just begin to brown, then salt and pepper.
Heat the plates.
- 7: Pour the beaten eggs over the leeks and leave undisturbed for 1 minute.
- 8: Use a wooden spatula to draw the egg from the edge in towards the centre of the pan.
- 9: Continue doing this until there is no more liquid egg left.
Take off the heat immediately. It is normal, and desirable, for a little of the egg in the centre of the pan still to be not quite cooked.
- 10: Transfer onto hot plates and garnish with morteau sausage "crisps".
Like in some omelette recipes, you can add a little cream to the beaten eggs if you wish, but it is not essential.
July 11th 2020.