Step by step recipe:
- 15 min.
- 5 min.
- 5 min.Beat 6 eggs, salt and pepper.
- 2 min.
- 1 min.Add the leeks.
- 7 min.Cook uncovered until the leeks just begin to brown, then salt and pepper.
Heat the plates.
- 1 min.Pour the beaten eggs over the leeks and leave undisturbed for 1 minute.
- 5 min.Use a wooden spatula to draw the egg from the edge in towards the centre of the pan.
- Continue doing this until there is no more liquid egg left.
Take off the heat immediately. It is normal, and desirable, for a little of the egg in the centre of the pan still to be not quite cooked.
- 3 min.Transfer onto hot plates and garnish with morteau sausage "crisps".
Remarks:Like in some omelette recipes, you can add a little cream to the beaten eggs if you wish, but it is not essential.
Grade this recipe
More recipes?This recipe use (among others)
- Leek: You can check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Country vegetable soup, Vol-au-vent, Loin of pork with herbs and julienne vegetables , Baked leek and Camembert slices, Vegetable stock, ... [All]
- Egg: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Kouing-aman brioche, Mushroom and artichoke omelette, Crunchy salad, Pistachio custard tart, Cookies, ... [All]
- Olive oil: You can get more informations, or check-out other recipes which use it, for example: Rabbit civet, Pilau rice, Green parsley sauce, Couscous, Paella, ... [All]