Potato Waffles with Smoked Salmon
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
37K4.4 April 22th 2018
For 8 waffles, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|24 min.||10 min.||5 min.||39 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 300 g Light herb sauce.
- 2: Put into a mixing bowl: 70 g instant mashed-potato powder, 1 sachet baking powder *, salt and pepper.
*Translator's note: French recipes often specify baking powder by the sachet: 1 sachet (10 g) = 2 level teaspoonsful, but because it is stronger, this is equivalent to 4 teaspoonsful of British baking powder!
- 3: Add 3 eggs, 30 g butter melted and 100 ml milk.
- 4: Mix well then leave to rest for 10 minutes to allow the dried potato to absorb the milk.
You should have a mixture that looks rather like mashed potato. Add a little more milk if it seems too dry.
- 5: Cut 80 g smoked salmon into ribbons...
- 6: ...and mix into the waffle mixture.
- 7: Heat your waffle maker or iron and make your waffles one or two at a time (depending on the size of your waffle maker).
- 8: Serve the waffles piping hot, topped with a generous spoonful of really cold herb sauce.
This basic waffle recipe can be varied easily. You can replace the salmon with all manner of other things: ribbons of ham, diced cheese, the herbs of your choice, etc.
September 21th 2021.