Potimarron braised in meat jus
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|25 min.||40 min.||1 hour 5 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 1 kg potimarron (Japanese chestnut pumpkin) and cut into medium-sized chunks.
- 2: Transfer the potimarron chunks to a bowl and pour 3 tablespoons olive oil over. Add 1 tablespoon thyme, salt and pepper.
Mix well to coat and flavour the potimarron chunks, best done by using your hands.
- 3: Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Spread the potimarron chinks in an oven-proof dish.
- 4: Pour 400 ml poultry cooking juices over.
- 5: Cook for about 40 minutes until the potimarron is tender.
- 6: Serve on its own, or to accompany poultry or other meat.
The amounts in this recipe are for guidance only, so do adapt them to suit whatever you have available.
If you do not have any thyme, use mixed herbs (or herbes de Provence). The poultry jus can be substituted with a different meat jus, or even vegetable or chicken stock.
April 21th 2019.