Quartet of brassicas with cream
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|2 hours 20 min.||21 min.||2 hours 41 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 200 g broccoli.
- 2: Prepare 200 g Brussels sprouts: peel, wash and cut into four, then blanche them like the broccoli.
- 3: Prepare 200 g cauliflower.
- 4: Prepare 200 g romanesco.
- 5: Chop the parley leaves.
- 6: Prepare 1 shallot.
- 7: Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a large pan over medium heat. When hot, add the chopped shallot, slat and pepper and cook for one minute without colouring.
- 8: Add the brassicas (after draining thoroughly) and stir to mix well.
Cook like this for 5 minutes.
- 9: Then add 200 ml cream, salt and pepper. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and leave to thicken gently.
- 10: The cream will thicken and will be partly absorbed by the brassicas, which will make them even more tender.
Add the chopped parsley at the last minute.
It doesn't really matter if you don't have all the varieties of brassica, but do try to include at least 3 kinds.
January 23th 2020.