Sautéd broccoli with ham
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|43 min.||6 min.||49 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 350 g broccoli.
- 2: Peel, wash and chop 1 shallot.
- 3: Cut 2 slices smoked ham into ribbons.
- 4: Warm serving plates.
Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a pan on medium heat. When hot, add chopped shallot, salt and pepper. Stir to mix.
Cook 1 minute.
- 5: Add ham, stir well and cook 1 more minute.
- 6: Add broccoli, stir again and cook about 3-4 minutes until broccoli are heated through, but remain firm. Add a knob of butter if you wish.
You can replace ham with bacon if you prefer, or omit it.
This recipe is a good way to get children to eat vegetables, and show them that broccoli needn't be that sad tasteless soggy stuff served so often in bad canteens.
October 22th 2020.