A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 8 opens sandwiches, you will need:
- 1 250 g onion
- 2 20 g butter
- 3 250 ml red wine
- 4 200 g belly (streaky) bacon
- 5 200 g cooked potato
- 6 8 slices bread
- 7 150 g cheese
- Total weight: 1,470 grams
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|36 min.||44 min.||1 hour 20 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel, rinse and chop 250 g onion.
Melt 20 g butter in a medium-sized saucepan. then add the chopped onions, salt and pepper and cook for 5 minutes, stirring from time to time.
- 2: Pour 250 ml red wine into the pan and stir well.
- 3: Leave to cook uncovered on medium heat until the wine has evaporated.
Check seasoning and set aside.
- 4: Cut 200 g belly (streaky) bacon into small pieces and pan fry lightly.
- 5: Slice 200 g cooked potato and fry on both sides in the same pan as you used for the bacon. Ideally, you should not add any more fat and just use what has come out of the bacon. If there isn't enough, use a little oil.
- 6: Cut 8 slices bread and arrange on a baking sheet.
- 7: Preheat the oven to 200°C (390°F).
Begin the assembly: divide the onions between the slices of bread.
- 8: Then the bacon.
- 9: Then the potatoes.
- 10: Finish with thin slices of any cheese you like.
- 11: Put in the oven for about 20 minutes, until the cheese has melted and turned golden brown.
- 12: Serve hot, ideally with a green salad.
The cheese can be any you choose! A few excellent French options: Comté, Morbier, Saint-Nectaire...
April 7th 2020.