Bistro-style red endive salad
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
20K4.3 March 11th 2020
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|21 min.||8 min.||29 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare 750 g red Belgian endives...
- 2: ...slice finely and put in a salad bowl.
- 3: Add the chopped parsley and mix well.
Cover with a plate while preparing the rest.
- 4: Finely chop 2 hard-boiled eggs.
- 5: Cut 2 slices bread into small cubes.
- 6: Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a small frying pan on high heat. When really hot, add 2 slices smoked ham.
Fry rapidly on both sides.
- 7: Remove from the pan and cut into strips with scissors.
- 8: Use the same pan, without cleaning and still on high heat. Pour in 3 tablespoons olive oil and when good and hot, add the bread cubes.
- 9: Fry the croutons until golden brown all over, stirring frequently.
- 10: Tip the croutons, eggs and ham into the salad bowl. Add 4 tablespoons Rémoulade dressing and stir in well.
- 11: Your bistro-style red endive salad is ready.
Of course, if you don't have red endives, the white sort will do fine.
You can use a vinaigrette (French dressing) instead of the rémoulade if you prefer.
June 29th 2022.