A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
- 0 50 g dried chinese black mushrooms (shiitake)
- 1 1 carrot
- 2 1 leek
- 3 1 shallot
- 4 50 g chicken breast
- 5 herbs of your choice
- 6 1 litre Vegetable stock
- 7 3 tablespoons sesame oil
- 8 50 g fine soya noodles (optional)
- 9 50 g peanuts
- 10 50 g peas
- 11 salt
- 12 pepper
- Total weight: 1,720 grams
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|1 hour 7 min.||8 min.||1 hour 15 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Rehydrate 50 g dried chinese black mushrooms (shiitake).
Prepare1 carrot and dice small, prepare 1 leek and 1 shallot and chop finely.
- 2: Poach 50 g chicken breast for 5 minutes in 1 litre Vegetable stock, then remove and cut into small pieces.
Drain and chop the mushrooms.
Rinse the herbs, dry them and pick off just the leaves for use.
Dry roast the peanuts briefly in a frying pan.
- 3: Pour 3 tablespoons sesame oil into a large saucepan on medium heat.
When hot, add the chopped shallot, salt and pepper, stir well and leave to cook for 1 minute without colouring.
- 4: Add the carrots and leeks, mix well and cook for 3 minutes.
Next add the peas...
- 5: ...then the mushrooms and chicken.
- 6: Pour in the vegetable stock and bring to the boil.
Cook for a further minute or two, then test the carrots to check if everything is cooked.
- 7: Add 50 g fine soya noodles if you like and mix well.
- 8: At the last minute, add the roughly chopped herbs and dry-roasted peanuts.
Serve without delay...
I encourage you to add include some lemon balm with the herbs. This gives the soup a characteristic delicate flavour.
January 16th 2021.