Endive and cheese salad with croutons
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|24 min.||7 min.||31 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Thinly slice 1 spring onion (scallion).
- 2: Prepare 500 g endives (head of chicory) and shred by slicing thinly.
- 3: Cut 2 slices bread into small cubes.
- 4: Dice the cheese as well.
- 5: Pour 2 tablespoons olive oil into a small frying pan on high heat. When good and hot, add the bread cubes and fry until browned, stirring frequently.
- 6: Put the endives, onions, croutons and cheese into a salad bowl.
Add some freshly chopped chives, then 5 tablespoons French dressing (vinaigrette) and mix well.
- 7: Serve fairly quickly while the croutons are still crunchy.
Use whatever cheese you have to hand or prefer, as this recipe is very flexible.
Instead of the olive oil, you can use clarified butter
to give the bread a more marked flavour.
January 22th 2021.