A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 6 toasts, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|29 min.||5 min.||15 min.||49 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Break 3 eggs into a bowl, salt and pepper, then beat with a fork or whisk, like for an omelette.
- 2: Remove the stalk end of 2 tomatoes and cut into thick slices.
- 3: Trim the crusts off 6 slices bread. Here I have cut out circles with a cutter. This is more attractive, but not essential.
- 4: Butter each slice on both sides.
- 5: Pour 2 tablespoons Herb olive oil into a frying pan on medium heat. Cook the sliced tomatoes on both sides.
When cooked, pull off and discard the skin.
- 6: Using the same frying pan, cook the eggs, mixing them round gently with a fork, to make a small omelette.
- 7: Heat the plates.
Still using the same pan, fry the bread until browned on both sides.
- 8: Spread pesto generously on each slice of toast.
- 9: Then add a layer of omelette (again, I have cut this out to make it more attractive).
- 10: Arrange the tomatoes on top and garnish with a basil leaf. Finish with a trickle of olive oil.
If you don't have anyherb olive oil
, use ordinary olive oil and add a few herbs if you can (bayleaf, thyme, etc.), discarding these at the same time as the tomato skins.
July 6th 2020.