A recipe from cooking-ez.com
6,6095 October 16th 2022
For 4 people, you will need:
Step by step recipe
- 1: Wash and dry 300 g cherry tomatoes, cut them in 2, and reserve.
- 2: Cut 3 slices bread into small pieces.
- 3: In a small skillet over high heat, heat 3 tablespoons olive oil and when hot add the bread.
Toast the croutons to your liking, then remove from heat.
- 4: Pour the croutons into a bowl, then pour over the tomatoes that you will have sprinkled with fine salt just before.
Do not mix immediately, let the juice of the tomatoes, salted, go down on the croutons.
- 5: Meanwhile, prepare and chop 1 shallot.
Coarsely chop the parsley.
- 6: Pour shallot and parsley on the tomatoes, do not mix.
- 7: In a bowl, add 4 tablespoons lemon and 4 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper, and mix with a fork.
- 8: Pour this mixture into the bowl, mix well, your panzanella is ready.
Instead of a shallot in step 5
, you can use a red onion.
Do not hesitate to use stale bread to make the croutons, it is completely in the spirit of the recipe, even if they are a little dry, they will be softened by the tomato juice.
June 9th 2023.