Small foie gras pasties
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 20 Pasties, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|1 hour 35 min.||25 min.||2 hours|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Prepare and spice foie gras as for home made terrine of foie gras, but do not cook.
Preheat the oven to 200°C or 392°F.
Roll out the puff pastry.
- 2: Cut out circles of 5 cm or 2 inches diameter, put on a baking sheet.
- 3: Put on each circle a small cube of foie gras and pepper it.
- 4: Dip a brush in water, and coat all around the circle.
- 5: Put another circle on it.
- 6: Press well all around to stick...
- 7: ... and form the pasty.
- 8: Glaze each top before cooking.
- 9: Put in the oven, and cook until pasties are nicely golden brown(about 25 minutes).
Serve to your guests, tepid or cold, but not hot otherwise your pasties will lack flavour.
If you can, choose a duck liver rather than goose, it's tastier.
July 18th 2019.