A recipe from cooking-ez.com
16K4.5 July 7th 2019
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Start to finish|
|28 min.||30 min.||58 min.|
Step by step recipe
The vegetablesRinse 1 cucumber, trim off the ends but do not peel.
You can cut grooves lengthways with a small knife or special tool (shown in the photo), if you prefer this look, but it is not essential.
- 2: Slice the cucumber thinly (a mandolin is the ideal tool for this).
Sprinkle the slices with fine salt, mix well and leave for to rest for 30 minutes.
- 3: Prepare 4 tomatoes and slice fairly thinly.
Sprinkle with fine salt, mix well and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
This helps to bring out the full flavour of the tomatoes and cucumber.
- 4: Dice 100 g feta fairly small.
The dressingIn a bowl mix 5 tablespoons olive oil and 3 tablespoons lemon juice with a little salt and pepper, then add 2 tablespoons dry oregano.
- 6: Drain the cucumber slices and discard the juices. Transfer to a salad bowl.
- 7: Drain the tomato slices and discard the juices. Add to the salad bowl.
- 8: Add the diced feta, the finely chopped 1 spring onion (scallion) and some finely chopped chives.
- 9: Pour the dressing over and mix well.
- 10: Serve garnished with an anchovy fillet or a few black olives (if your diners like them).
You can use a small red onion instead of the spring onion. Plain olive oil can be replaced with herb olive oil
for even more flavour.
September 18th 2021.