A recipe from cooking-ez.com
307K4.5 February 21th 2011
For 4 Preserved tomatoes, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Cooking||Start to finish|
|56 min.||10 min.||4 hours||5 hours 6 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Peel 4 tomatoes, cut into quarters and discard seeds. You should have "petals" of tomatoes.
Salt on both sides, then leave the juice to drain out for about one hour.
- 2: Drain and dry on a cloth or some papier absorbant.
- 3: Peel 1 garlic clove.
- 4: Cut garlic into thin strips.
- 5: On a non-stick baking sheet, put a sage leaf dipped in olive oil, add a little thyme and a small strip of garlic on top.
- 6: Place a piece of tomato on top, then another small strip of garlic.
- 7: Brush with olive oil.
- 8: Then add pepper.
- 9: Arrange all the tomatoes in this way.
- 10: Then put in the
- conventional oven: 4 hours at 80°C or 176°F
- bread oven: 12 hours after oven has cooled to 60°C or 140°F.
- 11: At the end of this time, take out the baking sheet.
- 12: Prepare a jar with the sprig of rosemary, a sage leaf, a sprig of thyme and a bayleaf, blanched as for the flavoured olive oil recipe.
- 13: Add the preserved tomatoes (discard cooking herbs), and cover with a little olive oil.
The tomatoes will keep unrefrigerated for several weeks. For a little more flavour, add a small chilli to the jar.
November 27th 2021.