A recipe from cooking-ez.com
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Resting||Start to finish|
|39 min.||30 min.||1 hour 9 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Clean and trim 400 g fish fillet (choose a white fish such as whiting, sole, cod, pollack, etc). Dice fairly small and put into a bowl.
- 2: Prepare 1 red onion (use a small one), chop finely and add to the diced fish. Salt and pepper then mix well.
- 3: Grate 10 g ginger and 1 garlic clove into the bowl, then mix again.
- 4: Squeeze 5 limes.
- 5: Pour the squeezed lime juice over the fish, mix well, cover with a lid or plastic film and leave to "cook" at room temperature for 30 minutes.
- 6: After this time, drain the fish thoroughly, You will notice that the fish will have turned from slightly translucent to opaque after curing (effectively cooked).
- 7: Slice 800 g cooked potatoes and reheat if necessary.
- 8: Serve the ceviche on a bed of lettuce with a little choppped coriander scattered over and with sliced potatoes on the side.
For a real Peruvian touch, add a finely chopped fresh red chilli at stage 3
, and use sweet potatoes instead of normal ones.
For even more flavour, zest
one of the limes and add this to the juice for curing.
You can drizzle a little herb olive oil
onto the ceviche just before serving.
Do feel free to adjust the amount of ginger (more or less) and garlic to suit your own tastes.
May 31th 2020.