Baked sea bass fillet with lemon and tarragon
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
6,2534.7 June 30th 2021
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|14 min.||20 min.||34 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Ask your fishmonger to prepare the 4 fillets fish (sea bass, of course).
Rinse and dry the fillets, then remove any remaining bones.
salt and pepper the flesh side.
- 2: In a bowl, mix 1 tablespoon lemon juice, 3 tablespoons olive oil, salt and pepper with a fork.
- 3: Preheat the oven to 360°F (180°C).
Lay the sea bass fillets in a buttered oven-proof dish.
Brush the fillets generously with the oil and lemon mixture.
- 4: Put a few tarragon leaves on each fillet...
- 5: ...then turn them over.
Brush the skin with the oil and lemon mixture.
- 6: Bake for about 20 minutes.
If you are unsure about judging when the fish is cooked (which is not obvious), stick an electronic thermometer into the thickest part of a fillet and cook just until the temperature reaches 140°F (60°C). It should then be done to perfection.
- 7: Take the dish out of the oven and, if you prefer, remove the skin at this point.
- 8: Serve immediately with your choice of accompaniment. Here it is a cauliflower tabouleh.
Of course, this recipe works with other, cheaper kinds of fish, such as whiting.
You can use lime juice instead of lemon for an amazing flavour that goes really well.
September 25th 2021.