Filet mignon with asparagus
A recipe from cooking-ez.com
3,1394 July 11th 2021
For 4 people, you will need:
|Preparation||Cooking||Start to finish|
|28 min.||34 min.||1 hour 2 min.|
Step by step recipe
- 1: Cut 300 g filet mignon (pork loin) into small pieces.
- 2: Prepare and slice 1 shallot.
- 3: Prepare 400 g asparagus (a mix of green and white varieties here).
- 4: Cook in salted boiling water until just tender.
- 5: Drain and cut into small chunks.
- 6: Pour 3 tablespoons olive oil into a large frying pan (preferable not non-stick) on high heat. When good and hot, add the diced filet mignon, salt and pepper, then fry.
Transfer to a plate.
- 7: Use the same pan, turned down to medium heat. Melt 1 knob butter and when hot add the sliced shallot.
Salt and pepper, then fry for 1 or 2 minutes.
- 8: Add 200 ml dry white wine and deglaze the pan thoroughly by scraping the bottom with a wooden spatula.
Leave to reduce by 3/4.
- 9: Add 200 ml liquid cream, salt and pepper, then bring to the boil.
Leave to reduce by half.
- 10: Add the pieces of filet mignon and asparagus, mix well, then check the seasoning. Leave to heat through for a further 2 or 3 minutes.
- 11: Serve plated.
You can accompany this with rice, pasta or potato purée.
Of course, if you don't have both sorts of asparagus, either one will do just fine.
You can use a different cut of white meat instead of the filet mignon, such as veal or chicken.
September 23th 2021.